Excel Conditional Formatting Basics – The Built In Features
Excel Conditional Formatting Basics!
Here we list the free contents which all circulated in the stream through the internet from various coders for educational and learning purpose. Utilize under free of cost. All kudos will be shared to those coders and their hard work. www.freoz.com is a moderator for listing purpose only.
Learn how to make Excel format cells at your terms !
What Will I Learn?
- Understand what conditional formatting in Excel is and how it works
Use conditional formatting built in features in Excel
Use the Highlight Cell Rules to highlight cells by comparing the cells’ value to another value
- Use Conditional Formatting to Highlight dates based on their occurrence Yesterday, Today, Last Week, Last Month
- Use Conditional formatting to Highlight Duplicates in a range of Cells
- Highlight the top % or bottom % in a range of values
- Highlight values above and below average in a range of values
- Use Data Bars for conditional formatting and understand its different options
- Use Icon sets (Traffic lights) for conditional formatting and understand its different options (Number, Formula, Percent, and Percentile)
- The will to learn !
- Students will need to have Excel 2007/2010/2013/2016 installed on their computer
- Students will need to be familiar with the Excel user interface and need to have written a few formulas
Conditional formatting is one of the best ways to visualize your data by coloring the cells that meet a certain criteria or add different shapes to those cells and allows you to see the different colors of the rainbow in your data.
In this course, you will learn the basics of conditional formatting in Excel and how to use the built in features.
The course is designed to get you up and running with conditional formatting in 1 hour.
If you want to learn the basics of conditional formatting, then this course is for you.
Course doesn’t include conditional formatting using formulas as this is an advanced topic in conditional formatting.
So Let’s see what you’ll learn from this course:
- Introduction to conditional formatting, what it is and what it does.
- Highlight Cell rules : Highlighting cells based on the comparison of their value to another value, highlighting dates, and highlighting duplicates in a data set.
- Top/Bottom Rules: Conditionally formatting the top or bottom % of the data and values above or below average.
- Using Data Bars in conditional formatting.
- Using Icon sets (Creating Traffic Lights conditional formatting).
- Using Color scales for conditional formatting.
Who is the target audience?
- Excel users who want to understand conditional formatting in Excel and use Excel’s built in features for conditional formatting
- If you’re an intermediate user in conditional formatting then you might learn some new things on this course
- If you’re an experienced user in conditional formatting then this course is NOT for you
Created by Abdelrahman Abdou
Last updated 8/2018
Size: 93.51 MB